Skip Navigation Link

For whom are you looking for services?


  • Student Visitor
  • Tourist Visitor
  • Business Owner Visitor


  • Parent Citizen
  • Business Owner Citizen
  • Employee Citizen


  • Parent Resident
  • Employee Resident
Now explore services 10x faster. Is this easy to understand?

Is this easy to understand?

Close Button
Education Services

Transfer Students from One Government School to Another

  • Last Updated 11 Jan, 2021
  • Service Type : E-Service
  • Service Mode : Hybrid (Online and Offline)
  • Service Provider : Ministry of Education and Higher Education
  • Service Classification : G2C, G2G
  • Topic : Education and Training
Intended Audience
Citizen: Parent, Business Owner, Employee


Parents can transfer their children from one government school to another according to the geographical range. The Ministry of Education and Higher Education (MOEHE) announces the early transferring dates as well as registration in public schools per its scheduled timelines, so parents should check the Public Services Portal frequently for any upcoming announcements or updates. 

Online Instructions

  • Login to the service page on the Public Services Portal by MOEHE or create a new user account if you were not registered.
  • Choose the student that you wish to transfer.
  • Enter the required details and select the desired school.
  • Attach a copy of the Student's QID or Passport.
  • Attach a copy of KAHRAMAA's “To Whom it May Concern Certificate”.
  • Review the details and confirm their validity before submission.
  • Submit your request.


No fees are required for this service.

Additional Information

  • Parents should check with the school during the specified period to submit the original documents to confirm the transfer procedure.
  • The parent shall declare that all information submitted during the transfer process is correct, otherwise he/she will face legal liability issues.
  • Students can be transferred between government schools all years except during mid-semester exams and final exams.
  • A vacancy must exist in the government school that the student wishes to transfer to.
  • The student’s parent commits to commuting the student from and to the desired school if it is outside the student’s geographical range.
  • Parents can use this service to transfer siblings of their children.

Was this service helpful?