Local investors may submit a request to the Intellectual Property Protection Department at the Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MOCI) to send an application at the International Stage for Protection Cooperation Treaty (PCT) in ePCT System.
- Visit the reception at MOCI headquarters or its branches.
- Log in to the Intellectual Property Protection Department account on the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) via the competent employee.
Attach the following documents:
- Documents proving status of the applicant
- Commercial register of applicant company
- Waiver document from the right holder according to the condition
- Two copies of the invention’s full description in English and Arabic
- Two copies of summarized description in Arabic and English
- Priority document (in case the request is based on a national priority right, in accordance with the Paris Convention on Industrial Property)
Pay the following appropriate fees:
- International application fees for the International Bureau in Geneva upon submitting the application or within one month from the date of submission
- Transaction fees for the benefit of the Intellectual Property Protection Department or within a month from the date of submission
- International search fees at the time of application or within one month from the date of submission to one of the three offices of the international search body chosen by the applicant (the US Patent and Trademark Office, the European Patent Office, the Egyptian Patent Office)
- The reception will send the international application electronically to the ePCT system and will register the application, with an international number, along with the date of submission, and will then notify the applicant electronically.
- In case all the fees or part of them are not paid, the applicant will be asked to pay the incomplete fees on PCT / RO / 133 within one month from the date of notification.
- In case of failure to comply with the deadline, the international application will be withdrawn and the applicant will be notified of the form PCT / RO / 117 for failure to pay the prescribed fees, or to submit the application in the language that is accepted by the International Research Office from the date of notification, or payment for its translation.
- You can check the service information page on MOCI website.
Applicable fees are as follows:
- International application fee: USD1,367
- Fees for each sheet of paper, exceeding 30 sheets: USD15
- Discount rate for electronic deposit (a): USD103
- Discount rate for electronic deposit (b): USD206
- Discount rate for electronic filing (c): USD308
- Transaction fee: USD206
- Research fee of the European department: USD2,103
- Research fee of the American department: USD2,080
- Research fee of the American department for small businesses: USD1,040
- Research fee of the American department for micro enterprises: USD520
- Research fee of the Egyptian department: USD452
Was this service helpful?