The plaintiff in a case or whomever is acting for him/her upon a legal power of attorney, issued by the Ministry of Justice, may submit a request to the Public Prosecution to receive seized items in a case either under investigation or dismissed. The request may not be accepted for a case referred to the court.
The request is subject to the approval of the prosecutor; it is reviewed by the competent prosecution.
- Log in to the e-services portal of the Public Prosecution using Tawtheeq account.
- View the “Services” menu and click on “Other Requests” then “Request to Receive Seized Items”.
- Select case by entering its details, then click on “Search”.
- Fill in case information and attach document clarifying type of seized items in the case and addressed to the competent prosecution.
- Click on “Send” to receive an SMS message confirming the request receipt.
- Attend in person to the Public Prosecution headquarters.
- Print out the paper form, then fill it out and submit it to the Public Prosecution.
- This service is available online around the clock or by visiting the Public Prosecution building during the official working hours, from Sunday to Thursday from 7:30 am to 2:30 pm.
- This service requires three days to be completed.
No fees are required for this service.
Was this service helpful?