This service enables residents who have lost and replaced their passports outside Qatar, or exceeded the legal period of staying abroad (six months), to get a return permit to come back to the country.
- Login with your smartcard to the e-services portal of the Ministry of Interior (MOI).
- Select “Residence services” from the list, then click on “Issue Return Permit”.
- Enter expatriate’s QID number.
- Enter return permit details and the reason of issuing it (Exceed 6 months, Lost passport, Damaged passport, Exceed and lost passport, Damaged / Lost ID card, Exceed Damaged/Lost ID card).
- Enter the remarks if applicable and the email address.
- Click on “Next” and pay fees.
- Fill out and submit the official letter form by the sponsor or employer.
- Attach a copy of the Establishment ID, if you’re employed by a company, or QID if you’re on a personal sponsorship.
- Attach a copy of the resident’s old passport, along with an official lost passport certificate from the country of issuance.
- Pay appropriate fees.
Qatari Personal Sponsorship for Residents:
- This visa is given for the housemaids and those in their status who have stayed outside the country for more than six months.
- Submit application by the sponsor.
- Attach a copy of the resident’s QID/passport.
- Submit a copy of the sponsor’s QID.
Expatriate Personal Sponsorship for Residents:
- This visa is issued for the family members of the expatriates who have stayed outside the country for more than six months and their RP is valid.
- Submit application form by the sponsor.
- Attach passport copy of the sponsored person (resident) and the sponsoring person (expatriate) or his/her QID.
Corporate Sponsorship for Residents:
- This visa is issued for residents on the sponsorship of their employers/companies who have stayed outside the country for more than six months and their RP is still valid.
- Submit application form by the employer.
- Attach passport copy of the sponsored persons (residents) and the establishment ID card.
- You can also renew vehicle registration through Metrash2.
- Overstaying abroad for more than six months: QR500
- Lost passport: QR200
- Damaged passport: QR200
- Exceed or Lost passport: QR500
- Damaged or lost residency card: QR200
- Exceed, damaged and lost residency card: QR500
Was this service helpful?