Skip Navigation Link

For whom are you looking for services?


  • Student Visitor
  • Tourist Visitor
  • Business Owner Visitor


  • Parent Citizen
  • Business Owner Citizen
  • Employee Citizen


  • Parent Resident
  • Employee Resident
Now explore services 10x faster. Is this easy to understand?

Is this easy to understand?

Close Button
Licenses, Permits & Contracts

Request to Issue or Amend Building Permit for Medium and Large Projects

  • Fees- QR100
  • Last Updated 06 May, 2021
  • Service Type : E-Service
  • Service Mode : Online
  • Service Provider : Ministry of Municipality
  • Service Classification : G2C, G2B, G2G
  • Topic : Employment and Workplace, Visas and Official Documents
Intended Audience
Visitor: Business Owner
Citizen: Parent, Business Owner, Employee
Resident: Employee

Service Description

Individuals, companies, institutions, government and semi-government entities may submit a request to the Development and Building Permits Section of the Technical Affairs Department at the Ministry of Municipality and Environment (MME) to issue or amend a building permit for medium and large projects.

This service includes applying for a permit to build government and industrial projects, apartment buildings, residential compounds (five villas and above) and business complexes, as well as the building change of use, and the building of towers, large and private projects (sports clubs, schools, health centers) and the building permit amendment.

Online Instructions

Additional Information

  • After filling in the application and attaching the required documents, the application is referred to the competent municipality, and the system sends an SMS to open the request.
  • In case the supervising consultant or contractor changes, new obligations and owner authorization are to be submitted along with all the required documents from the contractor or supervisor. If the construction of the building starts, a letter clarifying the accomplished work before the date of change, signed by both the old and new contractors or old and new supervisors, shall be submitted.
  • The supervising consulting office may not submit a request for a building completion certificate or a building permit amendment request unless the approvals of the subsidiary service entities are completed, as clarified within the building permit.
  • The permit is canceled in case of any modification by the architecture as a result of the service requirements specified within the building permit.
  • Fees can also be paid and permit can be printed via the competent municipality.
  • MME clarifies on its website the process plan of the service in detail and in the form of a work plan.
  • This service requires the following time to be completed:
  • For medium projects: Five days the first time or after the first amendment, three days after the second amendment and two days after the third or fourth amendments.
  • For large projects: Ten days the first time or after the first and second amendments, seven days after the third or fourth amendments and three days after the fifth or sixth amendments.
  • You can check the service information page on MME website.


Applicable fees are as follows:

  • Inspection for permit request: QR100
  • Fees of special services for buildings as per each project
  • Estimate fees for building permits as per building areas
  • Insurance fees: 0.05 for every QR1,000 with a maximum of QR10,000, upon the building area, which is refundable after the issuance of the building permit certificate.

Was this service helpful?