Skip Navigation Link

For whom are you looking for services?


  • Student Visitor
  • Tourist Visitor
  • Business Owner Visitor


  • Parent Citizen
  • Business Owner Citizen
  • Employee Citizen


  • Parent Resident
  • Employee Resident
Now explore services 10x faster. Is this easy to understand?

Is this easy to understand?

Close Button
Taxes, Tariffs&comma Fines & Refunds

Request to Change the Accounting Period for Income Tax

  • Last Updated 23 Feb, 2022
  • Service Type : E-Service
  • Service Mode : Online
  • Service Provider : General Tax Authority
  • Service Classification : G2B
  • Topic : Business and Finance
Intended Audience
Citizen: Business Owner

Service Description

This service enables the taxpayers registered in the " Dhareeba" Portal to submit a request for a different accounting period for the tax year, within a maximum of 30 days before the end of the previous accounting period, in the following cases:

  • If he is a member of a group of companies, or a branch of a foreign company, an accounting period other than the tax year is used.
  • If the nature of his activity requires the use of an accounting period that is different from the tax year.

The taxpayer is not allowed to change the accounting period 30 days before the end of the end of the taxable period.

Online Instructions

  • Login to Dhareeba portal via the National Authentication System.
  • Select the Change in Accounting Period tile.
  • Click on "Start Now" button after reading the Instructions.
  • Upload supporting Document.
  • Acknowledgment of the validity of the entered information.
  • Sumbit your request. 
  • A message will be sent to you containing the application reference number.

Additional Information

  • For more information and details on this service, you can read the user manual. 
  • For general inquiries, you can email us by  
  • For tax inquiries, you can email us by     
  • You call us from within Qatar: 16565, or outside Qatar: +974 44069941.

Was this service helpful?