Skip Navigation Link

For whom are you looking for services?


  • Student Visitor
  • Tourist Visitor
  • Business Owner Visitor


  • Parent Citizen
  • Business Owner Citizen
  • Employee Citizen


  • Parent Resident
  • Employee Resident
Now explore services 10x faster. Is this easy to understand?

Is this easy to understand?

Close Button
Must Knows

Request to Change Place of Work of Healthcare Practitioner

  • Last Updated 21 Jul, 2022
  • Service Type : E-Service
  • Service Mode : Online
  • Service Provider : Ministry of Public Health
  • Service Classification : G2C, G2B, G2G
  • Topic : Employment and Workplace, Health, Visas and Official Documents
Intended Audience
Citizen: Parent, Business Owner, Employee

Service Description

Healthcare practitioners or healthcare facilities may submit an online request to the Department of Healthcare Professions (DHP) at the Ministry of Public Health to approve changing the place of work registered in the medical license of a practitioner in case of moving to work in another health facility.

Online Instructions

  • Login to the Medical Licensing Registration System.
  • Click on “Sign Up for Already Registered Practitioner”.
  • Create an account that was not used previously for login.
  • Apply for a “Change Place of Work” request.
  • Complete and submit the application, attaching all the required documents.
  • Pay appropriate fees through focal point (if applicable).

Required Documents

  • Copy of valid passport
  • Copy of valid QID (front and back)
  • For male practitioners (and female practitioners on their employer’s sponsorship), the sponsor should be the new employer or a secondment from the Ministry of Interior along with an undertaking letter that a renewed secondment or QID will be submitted upon expiry of the attached one.
  • For female practitioners on a family sponsorship, please attach the QID in addition to a letter of intent from your new employer and a letter of no objection from the old employer.

Additional Information

  • Original documents/certificates might be requested on a case by case basis.
  • Any other documents required to support the application that are not mentioned above must be submitted upon request.
  • Any documents presented in languages other than Arabic or English must be translated to Arabic or English and attached to a copy of the original documents.
  • A case by case assessment may be implemented.
  • You may follow up on your request after a minimum period of 15 working days.
  • The employer focal point shall approve the request through the institution account.
  • Please check and keep up with the circulars issued by the DHP to get the latest updates of the registration/licensing requirements.


Fees vary as per each applicant.

Was this service helpful?