Establishments may submit a request to the National Tourism Council (NTC) to appeal against the rejected licenses or rating assessments for a hotel establishment.
- Log in to the NTC e-services portal using the credentials of the National Authentication System (NAS).
- Choose the hotel establishment for which you want to place an appeal.
- Attach the following documents:
- Copy of commercial permit
- Copy of commercial registration
- Supporting documents (if any)
- Confirm the accuracy of the entered data and submit the application for review.
- Visit NTC Service Window.
- Submit all the above-mentioned documents.
- Applicant must be listed as either owner, partner authorized signatory for the hotel establishment on the commercial registration.
- There may not be another open request of the same type.
- Commercial registration must be valid for at least one day on the day of submission.
- Commercial permit must be valid for at least one day on the day of submission.
- Commercial activities required must be contained in the commercial registration and commercial permit.
- Applicant’s QID must be valid at the time of application.
- An appeal application may only be submitted for rejected license applications or because of rating evaluations.
- An appeal application may be submitted against one decision for each establishment only once.
- It is not possible to submit an appeal application against an NTC’s decision, after 30 days of receiving the notification of this decision.
- In case NTC does not respond to the appeal application within 15 days of application receipt, the application shall be considered rejected.
No fees are required for this service.