The plaintiff in a case or whomever is acting for him/her upon a legal power of attorney, issued by the Ministry of Justice, may submit a request to the Public Prosecution to release a defendant incarcerated according to an ongoing investigation. This request is subject to approval of the Prosecutor.
The request shall be reviewed by the competent prosecution if it is connected to a case at stage of investigation, yet it shall be reviewed by the enforcement office in the event of a court ruling or criminal order.
- Login to the e-services portal of the Public Prosecution using Tawtheeq account.
- View the “Services” menu and click on “Other Requests” then “Request Release of Defendant”.
- Select case by entering its details, then click on “Search”.
- Fill in case information and attach document explaining the reason for submitting the request and the type of kinship.
- Click on “Send” to receive an SMS message confirming the request receipt.
- Attend in person to the Public Prosecution headquarters.
- Print out the paper form, then fill it out and submit it to the Public Prosecution.
- Provide and submit the required, above-mentioned documents and details.
No fees are required for this service.
- After reviewing the request, the applicant receives a message to confirm whether the request has been approved or rejected.
- This service is available online around the clock or by visiting the Public Prosecution building during the official working hours, from Sunday to Thursday from 7:30 am to 2:30 pm.
- This service requires 10 days to be completed.
Was this service helpful?