Individuals and institutions may submit a request to the Registration of Real Estate Lease Contracts Office at the different municipalities in order for real estate contracts between the lessor and the lessee to be registered, with the option of adding more than one building or housing unit to the same certificate provided. The contract is also effective from the date of its conclusion rather than the date of validity.
Lessees are granted a grace period of two months from the date of concluding the contract. After that, a memo is issued, followed by a report that is prepared by the municipality director and referred to the competent police station in order to take action against those violating the provisions of Law No. (4) of 2008 on Property Leasing and its amendments.
- Login to website of the Ministry of Municipality and Environment (MME) using the National Authentication System (NAS), then select the “Lease Contracts” service.
Enter the following lessee details:
- Name and nationality of lessee and all residents in the same housing unit
- QID no. of lessee and all residents in the same housing unit
- Address or P.O. Box and telephone no.
- Legal representative (if any)
Enter the following building details:
- Title deed of building
- Electricity and water numbers
- Zone name and number (My Address), if available
- Building PIN no. (if available)
- Building, floor and flat numbers
- Area and specifications of leased unit
Attach the following documents:
- Copy of contract in Arabic
- Copy of title deed (requested in case applicant chooses “manual submission” instead of linking via title deed number)
- Copy of power of attorney or authorization to register a lease contract
- Copy of articles of association in case of sublease
- Copy of QID of lessor (in case of requesting authorization to registration a lease contract)
- Copy of building completion certificate
- Submit application and pay appropriate fees.
- Submit application so that the system sends an SMS on receiving it successfully.
- Pay appropriate fees at any of the customer service offices in municipalities.
- Competent officers at the Registration of Real Estate Lease Contracts Offices provide this service to the elderly and people with disabilities at the municipality premises.
- For more information on how to register a new lease contract or request to modify a lease contract registration certificate, please check the user manual of the lease contract registration services.
- MME clarifies on its website the process plan of the service and in the form of a work plan.
- This service is completed in one day.
- You can view the service information on MME website.
- A registration fee of 0.5% applies from the annual rental value for each residential, commercial or any other unit specified for the property building license, with a minimum of QR250 and a maximum of QR2,500.
- The Ministry of Endowments and Islamic Affairs and the contracts it concludes, in addition to Qatar Charity are exempted.
Was this service helpful?