Qatari nationals and GCC citizens may submit a request to the Development and Building Permits Section of the Technical Affairs Department at the Ministry of Municipality (MoM) to add a building to an existing one through the municipality consultant, provided that the additions are no more than 100sqm. In case of additions exceeding 100sqm, they require a different building permit via the municipality consultant.
- Enter the homepage of the Building Permits System and click on “BP System Application” at the beginning of the main menu.
- Login to the system by entering your username, password and verification code, then click on “Login”.
- Select the service and fill out all the required details.
- Attach the following documents:
- Copy of title deed and copy of property layout
- For individuals: Copy of QID of landlord
- For companies: Copy of commercial permit or authorized signatory
- For industrial areas: Lease contract
- In case the title deed is subject to the Housing System: Allocation letter from the Housing Department of the Ministry of Social Development and Family
- For government and semi-government projects: Allocation letter from the State Properties Department
- For farms: Letter from MOM
- For maritime land: Ownership Certificate
- For desert houses: Usufruct Certificate
- No Objection Letter from the owner
- For upper additions: Load Certificate
- Owner Obligation
- Pay appropriate fees.
- Visit the Customer Service at the competent municipality.
- Submit all the required, above-mentioned documents.
- Pay appropriate fees.
Customer Service at the competent municipality.
- After filling in the application and attaching the required documents, the application is referred to the competent municipality, and the system sends an SMS to open the request.
- MoM clarifies on its website the process plan of the service in detail and in the form of a work plan.
- This service requires five days to be completed, excluding the Municipal Control Department procedures.
- You can check this service information on MoM website.
Applicable fees are as follows:
- Inspection for permit request: QR100
- Drawing of sketches: QR100
- Insurance fees: 0.05 for every QR1,000 with a maximum of QR10,000, upon the building area, which is refundable after the issuance of the building permit certificate.
- Estimate fees for building permits as per the drawings.
Was this service helpful?