The plaintiff in a case or whomever is acting for him/her upon a legal power of attorney, issued by the Ministry of Justice, may submit a request to the Public Prosecution to expedite the proceedings, and the applicant shall specify the reasons related to the request.
The request is subject to the approval of the prosecutor; it is reviewed by the competent prosecution in case it is related to a case under investigation, or it is reviewed by the enforcement prosecution in case a court ruling or criminal order has been issued.
- Log in to the e-services portal of the Public Prosecution using Tawtheeq account.
- View the “Services” menu and click on “Other Requests” then “Request for Expedited Proceedings”.
- Select case by entering its details, then click on “Search”.
- Fill in case information then click on “Send” to receive an SMS message confirming the request receipt.
- Attend in person to the Public Prosecution headquarters.
- Print out the paper form, then fill it out and submit it to the Public Prosecution.
- This service is available online around the clock or by visiting the Public Prosecution building during the official working hours, from Sunday to Thursday from 7:30 am to 2:30 pm.
- This service can be obtained immediately.
No fees are required for this service.
Was this service helpful?