Diplomatic missions and their members in the State of Qatar may submit a request to the Department of Protocol at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) to exempt their cars from customs.
- Download and fill out the paper form.
- Submit it to the Department of Protocol at MOFA.
- Attach the following documents:
- Letter to the Department to refund the vehicle customs duties (in case of purchasing a new vehicle from a car company).
- Original letter from a car company stating the information of the car sold, requesting diplomatic exemption and refund of customs duties to the diplomatic mission.
- Copy of customs declaration of the car.
- Copy of financial receipt (customs).
- Copy of chassis numbers of the cars listed in the customs declaration issued to the car company showing the chassis number of the vehicle sold to the diplomatic mission.
- Copy of purchase invoice from the car company (commercial invoice).
- Copy of vehicle ownership (two sides).
- Copy of the establishment registration card of the diplomatic mission.
- Copy of the diplomatic card of the member of the diplomatic mission.
- Certificate from the bank indicating the IBAN number, name of the bank and the accredited branch of the beneficiary.
The Department of Protocol at MOFA.
- The application must be filled out electronically.
- The application must be typed in Arabic.
- Chassis and engine numbers fields must be filled out in English.
Was this service helpful?