Skip Navigation Link

For whom are you looking for services?


  • Student Visitor
  • Tourist Visitor
  • Business Owner Visitor


  • Parent Citizen
  • Business Owner Citizen
  • Employee Citizen


  • Parent Resident
  • Employee Resident
Now explore services 10x faster. Is this easy to understand?

Is this easy to understand?

Close Button
Certificates, Publications & Letters

Request Certificate for Expatriates

  • Fees- QR10
  • Last Updated 11 Jan, 2021
  • Service Type : E-Service
  • Service Mode : Hybrid (Online and Offline)
  • Service Provider : Ministry of Interior
  • Service Classification : G2C, G2C, G2B
  • Topic : Visas and Official Documents
Intended Audience
Citizen: Parent, Business Owner, Employee


This service enables expatriates, visitors and establishments to issue different types of certificates. The Nationality and Travel Documents Department at the Ministry of Interior (MOI) offers individuals the following certificates:

  • To Whom It May Concern Certificate
  • Residency Status Certificate
  • Visitor Status Certificate
  • Family Residency Status Certificate
  • Change of Name Certificate
  • Change of Nationality Certificate
  • Change of Birth Date Certificate
  • Entry/Exit Certificate

As for companies, it offers them the following certificates:

  • Visitor Status Certificate
  • Change/Amendment of Company Name Certificate
  • Entry/Exit Certificate
  • Company Number of Workers Statistics Certificate

In case of persons, the issuance process includes the person himself/herself or any of his/her expatriates by QID or visa number depending on the type of certificate, yet, in case of establishments, certificates can be issued to visitors or to the establishment itself.

Online Instructions

  • Log in with your smartcard to the MOI e-services portal.
  • Click on “Residency Services” then “Certificates”.
  • Use “Expatriate Data” page to enter the type of certificate, person’s data and required email.
  • Select type of certificate to be issued.
  • To issue certificate for yourself: Leave the default option “My QID” auto-selected.
  • To issue certificate for one of your expatriates by QID number: Select “QID” option, then enter 12-digit QID number in the text box provided.
  • Click on “Next” and complete all the required information.
  • Enter visa number in the text box “Visa Number” in case of selecting a type of certificate that requires a visa number.
  • Click on “Next” so that the displays the “Payment” page that shows the appropriate fees for issuing the certificate.
  • Click on “Pay” so that the system redirects to the payment gateway - in case of persons - to pay the due fees, or to the screen of payment options, namely a credit card or bank transfer - in case of establishments.

Offline Instructions

  • Download and fill out the paper form, then submit it to the Nationality and Travel Documents Department at MOI.
  • Pay appropriate fees.

Service Center

Nationality and Travel Documents Department at MOI

Additional Information

  • The user shall own a smart card to use the service online.
  • This service can be obtained online at any time and immediately.
  • This service is also available via Metrash2.


A fee of QR10 applies for each certificate.

Was this service helpful?