Skip Navigation Link

For whom are you looking for services?


  • Student Visitor
  • Tourist Visitor
  • Business Owner Visitor


  • Parent Citizen
  • Business Owner Citizen
  • Employee Citizen


  • Parent Resident
  • Employee Resident
Now explore services 10x faster. Is this easy to understand?

Is this easy to understand?

Close Button
Licenses, Permits & Contracts

Request Building Maintenance Permit

  • Fees- QR20
  • Last Updated 26 Oct, 2022
  • Service Type : E-Service
  • Service Mode : Online
  • Service Provider : Ministry of Municipality
  • Service Classification : G2C, G2B, G2G
  • Topic : Business and Finance
Intended Audience
Citizen: Parent, Business Owner, Employee

Service Description

Individuals, companies and institutions may submit a request to the Development and Building Permits Section of the Technical Affairs Department at the Ministry of Municipality (MoM) to issue a building maintenance permit, which includes general maintenance works, change of tiles, interior painting, exterior painting by municipality-approved colors, improvement of ceiling inclination, replacement of doors and windows, improvement of sewage extensions, interior gypsum decorations that do not affect the interior extensions, fence elevation with a total height not exceeding 2.6m, parapet elevation for the main building with a total height not exceeding 1.8m, plaster fixing and reconstruction of part of the fence wall within the plot boundaries with a height not exceeding 2.6m.

Online Instructions

  • Enter the homepage of the Building Permits System and click on “BP System Application” at the beginning of the main menu.
  • Login to the system by entering your username, password and verification code, then click on “Login”.
  • Select the service and fill out all the required details.
  • Attach the following documents:
    • Copy of title deed and property layout
    • For individuals: Copy of QID
    • For companies: Copy of commercial permit or authorized signatory
    • No Objection Certificate from the owner, clarifying the required maintenance works
    • Photo of the property - in case of changing the building interface - attaching a layout that clarifies the suggested interface
    • For industrial areas: Lease contract
    • In case the title deed is subject to the Housing System: Letter from the Housing Department at the Ministry of Social Development and Family.
    • For government and semi-government projects: Allocation letter from the State Properties Department
    • For farms: Letter from MME
    • For maritime land: Ownership Certificate
    • For desert houses: Usufruct Certificate
  • Pay appropriate fees and print the permit.

Additional Information

  • After filling in the application and attaching the required documents, the application is referred to the competent municipality, and the system sends an SMS to open the request.
  • MoM clarifies on its website the process plan of the service in detail and in the form of a work plan.
  • This service requires 2-3 days to be completed, except for the procedures of the General Directorate of Civil Defense.
  • You can check this service information on MME website.


Applicable fees are as follows:

  • Inspection to issue maintenance permit: QR20
  • Making sketches (if required): QR100

Was this service helpful?