Skip Navigation Link

For whom are you looking for services?


  • Student Visitor
  • Tourist Visitor
  • Business Owner Visitor


  • Parent Citizen
  • Business Owner Citizen
  • Employee Citizen


  • Parent Resident
  • Employee Resident
Now explore services 10x faster. Is this easy to understand?

Is this easy to understand?

Close Button
Other Services

Replace Lost or Damaged Residence Permit (For Non-Qataris)

  • Fees- QR200, in addition to QR20 mail courier delivery fees (if applicable).
  • Last Updated 20 Mar, 2022
  • Service Type : E-Service
  • Service Mode : Online
  • Service Provider : Ministry of Interior
  • Service Classification : G2C
  • Topic : Religion and Community, Visas and Official Documents
Intended Audience
Visitor: Student
Resident: Parent, Employee

Service Description

Residents can apply online to replace their lost or damaged residence permit cards through the online portal of the Ministry of Interior (MOI).

Online Instructions

  • Login with your smartcard to the e-services portal of MOI.
  • Select “Residence Services” from the list, then choose the service type (Replace Lost or Replace Damaged).
  • Enter the information of the expat who wants to issue Residence Permit/QID card (Either for himself/herself, or for one of the family members), in addition to the mobile number.
  • Select the delivery option: Personally from Expatriates Affairs Department, or by mail courier via Qatar Postal Services Company.
  • In case of selecting the mail courier delivery option, the address should be entered, and its information validity checkbox should be ticked.
  • Pay fees and print/save receipt.

Additional Information

  • Applicants must be inside the country.
  • If you need to replace a lost QID card, you must submit an “Implicit” security notification for the lost card.
  • This service is also available on Metrash2 mobile app.


QR200, in addition to QR20 mail courier delivery fees (if applicable).

Was this service helpful?