If you were an inventor or an author, or if you have a new creative idea, you may submit a request online to register a patent and intellectual property right without having to go in person to the Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MOCI), which saves time and effort. The requests get checked to ensure offering a high-quality service that would be achievable at the scheduled time to reach the final decision regarding the intellectual property registration.
- Register online on MOCI website.
- Specify the request type (PCT or باريس).
- Enter all the required details including the requester’s information, the invention name, the inventors, the priorities upon which the invention is based (if available), the agent’s information (if available).
- Fill in all the necessary details in the Patent Request form and Patent Fees Obligation form, and attach them.
- Attach a copy of the inventor’s ID or passport.
- Provide all the required attachments.
- The attachments include the invention’s brief and detailed description, the protection components, the agent’s power of attorney evidentiary support for non-residents, commercial registration extract in case of a legal person, the ownership transfer document in case the applicant isn’t the inventor, and the priority documentation issued by the concerned entity.
- After the request gets submitted, it goes through the initial reviewing process, and it might be returned back to the requester in case of necessary amendments that need to be done, explaining the reasons of the required changes.
- Upon receiving the registration approval on the initial request review, the requester should pay the registration fees and the second year fees, depending on the nature of the applicant that has been determined in the beginning of the registration.
- After successfully paying the fees, the requester will receive an email with the request number and the financial obligations to be undertaken during the specified legal duration, in addition to the due dates of the annual fees that need to be paid.
- For more information about this service, please check this link.
1- Patent Registration:
- Students: None, as they are exempted from paying any fees
- Educational and Research Institutions and Companies: QR 2000
2- Technical Examination:
- Educational and Research Institutions, Companies and organizations: QR 5000
3- Patent Acceptance Newspaper Publication:
- Educational and Research Institutions, Companies and organizations: QR400
4- Patent Certificate Issuance:
- Educational and Research Institutions, Companies and organizations: QR2000
Was this service helpful?