Skip Navigation Link

For whom are you looking for services?


  • Student Visitor
  • Tourist Visitor
  • Business Owner Visitor


  • Parent Citizen
  • Business Owner Citizen
  • Employee Citizen


  • Parent Resident
  • Employee Resident
Now explore services 10x faster. Is this easy to understand?

Is this easy to understand?

Close Button
Vehicles & Buses

Redeem Abandoned Vehicles

  • Fees- QR500 for saloon vehicles.
  • Last Updated 19 Oct, 2022
  • Service Type : Offline Service
  • Service Mode : Offline
  • Service Provider : Ministry of Municipality
  • Service Classification : G2C, G2B
  • Topic : Transportation
Intended Audience
Visitor: Business Owner
Citizen: Parent, Business Owner, Employee
Resident: Employee

Service Description

Citizens, individuals and institutions may request to redeem the abandoned vehicles that have been taken to the junk unit. The section’s records are then checked to provide feedback to the owner.

Offline Instructions

  • Submit the following documents:
    • ID card of vehicle owner.
    • Vehicle registration documents (vehicle license or certificate from Traffic Department)
    • Official authorization letter from vehicle owner (in case of representatives or companies’ vehicles).
    • ID card of person receiving the vehicle (in case of representatives or companies’ vehicles).
    • Copy of establishment ID (in case of company-owned vehicle).
  • Pay appropriate fees.
  • Sign Vehicle Receiving Acknowledgement.

Service Center

Transportation Section Offices of the Mechanical Equipment Department.

Additional Information

  • The Ministry of Municipality clarifies on its website the process plan of the service in detail and in the form of a work plan.
  • You can also verify a vehicle’s location by calling the Transportation Section.
  • This service requires two days to be completed.


Applicable towing fees are as follows:

  • QR500 for saloon vehicles.
  • QR800 for heavy vehicles.
  • QR2,000 for heavy duty equipment.

Was this service helpful?