Skip Navigation Link

For whom are you looking for services?


  • Student Visitor
  • Tourist Visitor
  • Business Owner Visitor


  • Parent Citizen
  • Business Owner Citizen
  • Employee Citizen


  • Parent Resident
  • Employee Resident
Now explore services 10x faster. Is this easy to understand?

Is this easy to understand?

Close Button
Qatar University

QU Change of Minor

  • Last Updated 11 Jan, 2021
  • Service Type : E-Service
  • Service Mode : Hybrid (Online and Offline)
  • Service Provider : Qatar University
  • Service Classification : G2C
  • Topic : Education and Training
Intended Audience
Visitor: Student
Citizen: Parent
Resident: Parent


Qatar University (QU) students may change their minor only once and the change must occur before completing 12 credit hours in the minor and 90 undergraduate credit hours. The sought College or Department approves the minor change taking into consideration their transfer requirements and capacity.

The university announces on its website the dates of submitting the applications of changing the minor.

Online Instructions

  • Log in Qatar University Online Portal.
  • Select "Student Registrations and Records" option then "Student Records".
  • Click on "Transfer Application" link.
  • Select "Change Major/Minor/Concentration" from the list.
  • Choose the new required Minor.

Additional Information

  • To cancel any change of minor requests during the application period, students should follow the same steps of applying and then select “none” next to the field they would like to cancel and then click submit. Students will receive an email informing them of the cancellation.
  • Submitting a new application will automatically update the previous request. This includes selecting either a new option or the option “none”. Students will receive an email informing them of the updated request.

Was this service helpful?