Skip Navigation Link

For whom are you looking for services?


  • Student Visitor
  • Tourist Visitor
  • Business Owner Visitor


  • Parent Citizen
  • Business Owner Citizen
  • Employee Citizen


  • Parent Resident
  • Employee Resident
Now explore services 10x faster. Is this easy to understand?

Is this easy to understand?

Close Button
Qatar University

QU Change of Major

  • Last Updated 11 Jan, 2021
  • Service Type : E-Service
  • Service Mode : Hybrid (Online and Offline)
  • Service Provider : Qatar University
  • Service Classification : G2C
  • Topic : Education and Training
Intended Audience
Visitor: Student
Citizen: Parent
Resident: Parent


Qatar University students may change their academic major before completing the maximum number of 60 undergraduate credit hours. Courses and grades earned prior to changing the academic major will remain in the students’ records and will still be calculated in their cumulative GPA.

Students at the Foundation Program may change their academic major to colleges that do not require passing the Foundation Program after meeting the admission requirements of the sought Major. The change of major must be approved by the Assistant Dean for Student Affairs at the sought college. Admission to the sought major is extremely competitive and is subject to the capacity of the college; satisfying the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission into the major.

Online Instructions

  • Log in Qatar University Online Portal.
  • Select on "Student Registrations and Records" option then "Student Records".
  • Click on "Transfer Application" link.
  • Select "Change Major/Minor/Concentration" from the list.
  • Choose the new required Major.

Additional Information

  • To cancel any change of major requests during the application period, students should follow the same steps of applying and then select " none " next to the field they would like to cancel and then click submit. Students will receive an email informing them of the cancellation.
  • Submitting a new application will automatically update the previous request. This includes selecting either a new option or the option “none”. Students will receive an email informing them of the updated request.
  • Students can change their majors after completing a minimum number of 24 credit hours with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5/4.00 and not exceeding the maximum number of 60 undergraduate credit hours.

Was this service helpful?