QDB provides you with certain tips and advices that guide you when dealing with your contractor, including:
- Choose a contractor based on his reputation and the quality of the work he had done, not according to the lowest price possible.
- Visit sites previously built by the potential contractor and examine their quality.
- Ask owners living in homes built by the potential contractor about the extent to which the contractor complied with contracts and consultant instructions.
- Be sure to contract with a reliable consultancy firm.
- Draw a timeline outlining all phases of the project and the date of delivery.
- Inspect and review the contracts to be signed with the contractor, and seek legal counsel if necessary.
- Do not make any payments to the contractor without the consultant's approval.