This service offers entrepreneurs a simple and competitive option to finance their business idea or existing company. The project should be in any of the manufacturing, education, healthcare, services, agriculture, livestock and fisheries sectors.
Advantages of Direct Lending:
- Financing up to 60% of the total value of the project.
- Financing up to 80% of the value of equipment and mmachinery (excluding buildings).
- The maximum tenor period is 15 years, with a maximum grace period of 3 years.
- Profit rate up to 5% maximum.
- The Bank also finances 100% of the salaries and rents value for the first 6 months.
Criteria required for funding:
- Added value to the entrepreneurial sector: The project is evaluated on its added value to the entrepreneurial sector or its contribution to promoting the culture of entrepreneurship in Qatar.
- Technology Sector Development: Contributing to the enhancement of the technology sector in Qatar.
- Supply and demand gap: contributing currently or in the future to closing a gap between supply and demand in Qatar.
- Sector extensively uses available raw material.
- Environment and Energy Resources: highly environment friendly and uses only renewable energy sources
- Scalability and Expanding: high export oriented sector.
- Labor Intensity: very minimum labor requirement or those with high local manpower.
- Import reduction: project can reduce Qatar reliance on imports of the particular product.
Requirements for funding:
- Submit the application under the ownership of a Qatari citizen (QID).
- The project to be funded shall be among the sectors supported and financed by the Bank.
- The company should provide a feasibility study for the project to be financed.
- The company should be headquartered in Qatar (for existing and emerging projects).
- The Company shall comply with Qatari law governing commercial companies.
- The company must obtain all necessary licenses for the project.