Qatar Legal Portal (Al-Meezan) is a comprehensive site that includes valid, amended and canceled legislation since 1961 as well as judicial decisions issued by Court of Cassation which are classified, indexed and includes principles extracted by the technical office in the Supreme Justice Council.
The portal further includes legal opinions issued by the Department of Legal Opinion and Contracts in the Ministry of Justice in addition to some specialized jurisprudential references. Al-Meezan Portal aims to:
- Digitize and publicize all legal information in Qatar to significant segment of beneficiaries, including citizens, residents, governmental bodies, and foreign investors in Qatar and abroad through one portal.
- Introduce Qatari legal system locally, regionally and internationally.
- Facilitate access to accurate legal information with the minimum effort and time.
- Enhance the citizen's awareness with their rights, duties and exercising their constitutional right to effective contribution and share in enriching political, social and economic life in Qatar.
- Save time and effort and provide reliable information from original sources.
- Promote effectiveness of legal and judicial work through introducing integrated information about the subject-matter.
- Assist legalists to conceptualize their belief and in decision-making process, and assist specialists including attorneys and researchers to obtain reliable legal information.
- Document legal and judicial history of Qatar.
Al-Mezaan portal includes several features:
- Legislations : Displays legislations enacted in the State of Qatar since 1961 with the ability to search and use advanced search.
- Treaties : displays treaties by date of issuance.
- References : provides bibliographic search service according to the bibliographic data of the legal books and references. The user can view the bibliographical lists according to the available fields, or search using the search means on this page. Some of the data could be downloaded.
- English interface : Makes information published available in English to maximize the benefit from the portal.
- Access Certified: Al-Meezan Portal was “Access Certified” from Qatar Assistive Technology Center (Mada). This confirms that the portal is accessible for people with disabilities, and meets international standards for e-accessibility.
- Latest legislations : contains legislations, investment legislations and provisions published online are available.
- Newsletter : Subscribe in in the newsletter for updates about recent news and legal information.
- Inclusive information: Information about the political system, constitutional and judicial authorities in the state of Qatar.
- Thesaurus: Browse all legal materials through thesaurus entities.
- Legislation news : displays News of legislations in Qatar.
- Qatar Gazette : Displays Qatar Gazette that outlines the latest judicial developments in the country and provides information about any new laws, legal clauses and amendments. The user can search in the versions of the Gazette.
Was this service helpful?