The Academic Health Program Office at Hamad Medical Corporation (HMC) provides a seed funding award to fund the development of promising innovations that improves patients care.
The award aims to support the transition of innovative ideas into tangible prototypes, and the Academic Health System Office welcomes innovation proposals from any department and any employee at HMC as long as they oblige to the participation criteria.
To participate please fill out the online form made available by the Office of the Academic Health System at Hamad Bin Khalifa Medical City, which will be announced soon.
- Cycle 1: May 17th 2020
- Cycle 2: October 8, 2020
Invocation Award Process
- 1- An HMC staff or a group of staff participate by developing a new innovative Idea.
- 2- The staff participates by filling out the application form per the official submission dates announced on HMC's Website
- 3- The submitted application forms gets reviewed based on the idea’s effectiveness on the patients, its marketability, meeting patients unmet needs, as well as other factors.
- 4- The applicant receives feedback about the result of their application and which idea will go further in case of multiple ideas submissions.
- 5- The applicants present their ideas that are nominated for funding.
- 6- The winner of the award is announced, and they are granted a funding of up to 200,000 Q.R for each idea and an IP Protection.
- Application for the award is open to all HMC staff, both individuals and teams. Joint applications with HMC’s AHS partners will be accepted where the lead applicant is an HMC employee.
- The AHS Program Office can host an information session upon the request of a group or department or hospital.
- Multiple submissions are allowed.
- Please read the Award Guidelines, Intellectual Property Protection Policy\Procedure and Frequently Asked Questions before submitting your application to have a clear idea about the award, its procedure and criteria.
- You may contact the innovation award representative by sending an email to Innovation@hamad.qa or dialing 44390491 for further clarifications.
Was this service helpful?