Skip Navigation Link

For whom are you looking for services?


  • Student Visitor
  • Tourist Visitor
  • Business Owner Visitor


  • Parent Citizen
  • Business Owner Citizen
  • Employee Citizen


  • Parent Resident
  • Employee Resident
Now explore services 10x faster. Is this easy to understand?

Is this easy to understand?

Close Button
Certificates, Publications, and Letters

Issue Exemption Certificate for Big Vessels

  • Fees- QR500
  • Last Updated 10 May, 2022
  • Service Type : E-Service
  • Service Mode : Hybrid (Online and Offline)
  • Service Provider : Ministry of Transport
  • Service Classification : G2B
  • Topic : Business and Finance, Transportation, Visas and Official Documents
Intended Audience
Citizen: Business Owner

Service Description

Companies may submit a request online on the Ministry of Transport (MOT) website to issue exemption certificate for big vessels.

The exemption certificate for big vessels shall be issued after Marine Regulations Department at MOT reviews an application.

Online Instructions

  • Select "Issuing exemption certificates" service from the "Big Vessels" list, available under Maritime Transport services on MOT website.  
  • Click on the "Apply" button.
  • Login in the National Authentication System (Tawtheeq).
  • Attach the following documents:
    • A formal letter directed from a company to the department director clarifying the compelling reasons behind this application
    • A company letter stating the type of exemption
    • Ship's certificates Issued By (Recognized Organization)
    • A copy of ID card or copy of commercial registration (For companies)
  • Pay the appropriate fees and submit the request.

Offline Instructions

  • Download and fill out the paper form.
  • Submit the abovementioned documents to MOT reception to complete the process. 

Service Center

MOT reception


  • QR500 (for ships from 200 to 500 ton)
  • QR750 (for ships from 501 to 1000 ton)
  • QR1000 (for ships from 1001 and above ton)

Was this service helpful?