Skip Navigation Link

For whom are you looking for services?


  • Student Visitor
  • Tourist Visitor
  • Business Owner Visitor


  • Parent Citizen
  • Business Owner Citizen
  • Employee Citizen


  • Parent Resident
  • Employee Resident
Now explore services 10x faster. Is this easy to understand?

Is this easy to understand?

Close Button
Approvals, Authorizations and Authentications

Issue Authorization Certificate for the Vessel's Classification Authority

  • Fees- QR500
  • Last Updated 19 Apr, 2022
  • Service Type : E-Service
  • Service Mode : Hybrid (Online and Offline)
  • Service Provider : Ministry of Transport
  • Service Classification : G2B
  • Topic : Business and Finance, Transportation, Visas and Official Documents
Intended Audience
Citizen: Business Owner

Service Description

Companies may submit a request online on the website of the Ministry of Transport (MOT) to issue authorization certificate for the vessel's classification authority.

Online Instructions

  • Select "Issuing a Certificate of Authorization" service from the "Big Vessels" list, available under Maritime Transport services on MOT website.  
  • Click on the "Apply" button.
  • Login in the National Authentication System (Tawtheeq).
  • Attach the following documents:
    • A formal letter from the Recognized Organization
    • A formal letter from the company
    • Fill out the form
  • Pay the appropriate fees and submit the request.

Offline Instructions

  • Download and fill out the paper form.
  • Submit the abovementioned documents to Marine Regulations Department at MOT to complete the process. 

Service Center

Marine Regulations Department at MOT


For Ships (from 200 to 500 ton) QR500 
For Ships (from 501 to 1000 ton) QR750 QAR
For Ships (from 1001 and above ton) QR1,000

Was this service helpful?