Companies may submit a request online on the website of the Ministry of Transport (MOT) to issue authorization certificate for the vessel's classification authority.
- Select "Issuing a Certificate of Authorization" service from the "Big Vessels" list, available under Maritime Transport services on MOT website.
- Click on the "Apply" button.
- Login in the National Authentication System (Tawtheeq).
- Attach the following documents:
- A formal letter from the Recognized Organization
- A formal letter from the company
- Fill out the form
- Pay the appropriate fees and submit the request.
- Download and fill out the paper form.
- Submit the abovementioned documents to Marine Regulations Department at MOT to complete the process.
Marine Regulations Department at MOT
For Ships (from 200 to 500 ton) QR500
For Ships (from 501 to 1000 ton) QR750 QAR
For Ships (from 1001 and above ton) QR1,000
Was this service helpful?