The Hamad Medical Corporation (HMC) Internship Program is a one-year hands-on training program for new medical school graduates, designed to provide exposure to several major medical specialties.
The program has two intakes per year, January and July. The application intake will remain open year-round with selected candidates assigned to begin their program according to their application submission date.
Upon successful completion, candidates will receive a Certificate of Completion of Internship.
- Create a new account or log in to your existing account.
- Complete the Eligibility Quiz, to determine your eligibility to apply, or update your existing Eligibility Quiz answers if needed.
- Complete the application form and upload all required documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Medical degree or proof that the student is in their final year of medical school
- Medical school transcript
- Clinical examination results
- English language proficiency examination results such as TOEFL or IELTS valid at the time of application
- Applicant’s and sponsor’s passports and QID card copies
- Passport-sized photo
- Submit the application after ensuring the submission of all the details.
- The applicant must have Graduated within the past three years from a medical school listed on the register of the World Directory of Medical Schools.
- Final year medical students are eligible to apply provided they will graduate prior to the expected internship joining date.
- Hold Qatari citizenship or a valid Qatar residency permit (first degree family sponsorship only).
- Internship’s candidates must meet the minimum listed score in any one of the following required clinical examinations.
- The sections of the application can be modified or corrected prior to submission; however, no further changes are permitted once submission is complete.
- Applicants who have already completed an internship at HMC are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants who have partially completed an internship at HMC or those who have completed an internship year elsewhere are eligible to apply; however, priority will be given to applicants who have no prior internship experience.
- For more information, you can visit the service information page.
Was this service helpful?