The tax regime of Qatar Financial Centre (QFC) applies to all its licensed firms, and its tax benefits include:
- Territorial tax regime and 10% tax on locally sourced profits. Dividends are exempt from tax, other exemptions may be available based on meeting certain conditions. Tax losses may be carried forward indefinitely.
- Online guidance material including the QFC Tax Manual
- Advance ruling service available to clarify tax treatment of a transaction.
- No personal income tax, wealth tax, or Zakat. No transaction tax or Value Added Tax (VAT).
- A straightforward tax regime with greater certainty and transparency.
- No withholding taxes on payments out of Qatar including dividends, interest, royalties and management fees
- A responsive Tax department with short turnaround times that is accessible to answer queries
- A risk-based and commercial approach to enquiry work i.e. QFC does not ask for information that is not necessary
- Taxpayers have the right to appeal a decision and can request that it be reviewed by an independent regulatory tribunal
- The taxes paid in the QFC should normally be creditable in the home jurisdictions and hence, for many businesses, do not represent an incremental cost of doing business in the QFC