The Qatar Chamber issues certificates of origin for export and re-export goods. This service is open to all citizens and residents of Qatar, and all chamber members.
Follow these steps to apply for a certificate of origin:
- Fill out the application form.
- Attach any relevant documents, such as a letter of request.
- Pay appropriate fees.
The certificate will be delivered once it is approved and ready.
Depending on the type of goods, the chamber may require the following document(s) in order to issue a certificate of origin:
To issue a certificate of origin to export and re-export national products is required to provide commercial invoice including the following data:
- Invoice number and date
- The consignee and his address
- Method of transport (land – air – sea)
- Specifications of exported goods
- Total and net weight
- Number and type of parcels
- Country of origin
- Goods value
- Company seal and signature of the authorized signatory
- Exporting industrial products: it is required to provide a letter from Industrial Development Department at the Ministry of Energy & Industry defining the products produced by the company and the percentage of local added value achieved.
- Exporting fresh fish, the following must be considered:
- License for fishing vessel issued by Fish Resources Department at the Ministry of Municipal Affairs & Agriculture.
- Fish exporting card issued by Fish Resources Department at the Ministry of Municipal Affairs & Agriculture.
- Exporting livestock: it is required to provide a veterinary health certificate issued by Animal Health Department at the Ministry of Municipal Affairs & Agriculture.
- Upon re-exporting vehicles: copies of export certificates issued by Traffic Department should be attached with the invoice if the vehicles are registered; otherwise a letter of guarantee that the vehicles are not registered with the Traffic Department, to be attached with the invoice or this is to be mentioned in the invoice of export.
- For exporting raw iron (scrape): it is required to obtain approval of Qatar Steel Company.
- For exporting used papers and carton wastes: It is required to obtain approval of Industrial Development Department (Unless the firm has industrial license including carton pressing activity.)
- For re-exporting livestock: it is required to obtain a veterinary health certificate from Animal Health Department at the Ministry of Municipal Affairs & Agriculture.
- For re-exporting vessels and boats: a deletion certificate to be attached.
- For re-exporting transit cargos: copy of customs statement issued by Customs Department to be attached.
- In all cases: available supporting documents that prove the country of origin to be attached.
A fee of QR50 applies for each certificate. Each additional original copy costs QR50, while simple copies cost QR10.
Find templates of various certificates of origin. Please download the appropriate form for your application. Forms differ depending on the product and export destination.
- Certificates of Origin
- Certificates of Origin (Arab Countries)
- Certificates of Origin (Agricultural Products)
- Certificates of Origin (EU Countries)
Was this service helpful?