Skip Navigation Link

For whom are you looking for services?


  • Student Visitor
  • Tourist Visitor
  • Business Owner Visitor


  • Parent Citizen
  • Business Owner Citizen
  • Employee Citizen


  • Parent Resident
  • Employee Resident
Now explore services 10x faster. Is this easy to understand?

Is this easy to understand?

Close Button
Property Services

Building Change of Use Request

  • Last Updated 11 Jan, 2021
  • Service Type : Offline Service
  • Service Mode : Offline
  • Service Provider : Ministry of Municipality
  • Service Classification : G2C, G2B
  • Topic : Housing
Intended Audience
Citizen: Parent, Business Owner, Employee


Citizens may submit a request to the Development and Building Permits Section of the Technical Affairs Department to issue its approval on the change of use of a building that is existing, permitted or under construction.

Offline Instructions

  • Submit a building change of use request to the competent municipality.
  • Attach the following documents:
  • Authorization from the landlord to a consulting office registered Consulting Offices Committee.
  • Copy of title deed and property layout certified by the Real Estate Registration Department.
  • Copy of landlord Qatari ID.
  • Architectural layouts clarifying existing buildings and required additions.
  • Engineering layouts (services).
  • Approved layouts of the previous permit.
  • Forms and obligations pertaining to the service providers.

Service Center

Development and Building Permits Section of the Technical Affairs Department.

Additional Information

  • For Doha Municipality applicants, there is a counter at the Permits Complex.
  • The Ministry of Municipality and Environment clarifies on its website the process plan of the service in detail and in the form of a work plan.
  • This service requires 10 days to be completed, except for the procedures of the service providing entities.


No fees are required for this service.

Was this service helpful?