Skip Navigation Link

For whom are you looking for services?


  • Student Visitor
  • Tourist Visitor
  • Business Owner Visitor


  • Parent Citizen
  • Business Owner Citizen
  • Employee Citizen


  • Parent Resident
  • Employee Resident
Now explore services 10x faster. Is this easy to understand?

Is this easy to understand?

Close Button
Licenses, Permits & Contracts

Applying for Obtaining Contractual License for Patent

  • Fees- QR100
  • Last Updated 11 Jan, 2021
  • Service Type : Offline Service
  • Service Mode : Offline
  • Service Provider : Ministry of Commerce and Industry
  • Service Classification : G2C, G2B
  • Topic : Visas and Official Documents
Intended Audience
Visitor: Business Owner
Citizen: Business Owner


Local investors may submit a request to the Intellectual Property Protection Department at the Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MOCI) to obtain a contractual license for patent.

Offline Instructions

  • Submit official letter to the Intellectual Property Protection Department explaining the reason for applying for the license.
  • Attach the documents determined by the committee that examines the applications and licensed agent’s authorization document.
  • Pay appropriate fees.

Service Center

Additional Information

  • After fees are paid, the competent committee examines the documents and notifies the applicant about its decision.
  • You can check the service information page on MOCI website.


Applicable fees are as follows:

  • Students: QR100
  • Individuals: QR500
  • Educational or Research Institutions: QR500
  • Companies and Institutions: QR500

Was this service helpful?