Individuals and companies may submit a request to the Maritime Transport Planning and Licensing Department, at the Ministry of Transport (MOT), to register small crafts below 200 tons, including four types (private – fishery – ferry – tourist).
- Craft's ownership documents
- Copy of the owner's QID (original to be shown for verification)
- Valid copy of the commercial register if the owner is a company (original to be shown for verification)
- Craft deletion certificate If it is under the flag of another state
- Letter from employer (for non-Qataris)
- Registration requirements at other entities:
- Obtaining fishing license issued by Fisheries Department at the Ministry of Municipality, in case of fishing ship
- Registering the craft description by the General Directorate of Coasts and Borders Security (in all registration cases)
- Licenses Department at the Ministry of Municipality in case of a tourist license
- Pay the appropriate fees and submit the request to the Maritime Transport Planning and Licensing Department to complete the process.
- Please send the application form with the required documents through the Maritime Transport Planning and Licensing Department's email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Maritime Transport Planning and Licensing Department at MOT.
You can use the Maritime Transport Planning and Licensing "WhatsApp" service on (+974) 30070703 for general inquiries. Moreover, any personal information will not be disclosed and information will be kept confidential, since this service is designed for handling general inquiries immediately.
- Private ships: QR 100
- Fishery/ferry/tourist ships/working in Qatari waters: QR 200
- Yachts: QR 1500
Was this service helpful?