Skip Navigation Link

For whom are you looking for services?


  • Student Visitor
  • Tourist Visitor
  • Business Owner Visitor


  • Parent Citizen
  • Business Owner Citizen
  • Employee Citizen


  • Parent Resident
  • Employee Resident
Now explore services 10x faster. Is this easy to understand?

Is this easy to understand?

Close Button
Business Services

Apply to Open Private Educational Facility

  • Last Updated 11 Jan, 2021
  • Service Type : E-Service
  • Service Mode : Hybrid (Online and Offline)
  • Service Provider : Ministry of Education and Higher Education
  • Service Classification : G2B
  • Topic : Business and Finance, Education and Training
Intended Audience
Visitor: Business Owner
Citizen: Business Owner

Service Description

This service allows investors whether they are individuals or companies to submit a licensing request for opening a private school in Qatar.

The license requester should be no less than 21 years old and must not be an employee of the Ministry of Education and Higher Education or any of its entities or institutions and shouldn’t have been suspended from his\her previous job and must be of good conduct and behavior.

Both locally registered companies in a commercial activity in Qatar, as well as non-registered international companies, may apply for this service, under the condition that they get a bank guarantee in any of the local banks in Qatar, as well as obtaining all the necessary approvals from the concerned authorities.

Online Instructions

  • Access the registration website for obtaining a private school licensing
  • Create a New Account or Login.
  • Follow the instructions to open a private establishment and submit the following documents to the Private Schools Departments:
    • CVs of both the school owner and contributing individuals
    • A Certificate from the Ministry of Public Health for points of sale at the building
    • School’s organizational structure
    • School’s operational plan and educational plan
    • Schools’ building plan and location
    • Schools’ owner’s and contributing persons signatures form
    • Memorandum from the concerned Embassy (in case it is a community school)
    • A document clarifying the financial capability of the requester
    • Copy of the property title deed if it belongs to the school’s owner or you can attach a copy of the school's building rent contract
  • After completing the licensing procedures, please attach the following documents and submit the request to the Private Schools Affairs Committee:
    • Certificate of Good Conduct issued from the Criminal Evidence and Information Department (CEID) to the school’s owner and each partner (if the requester is a company)
    • Copy of the company’s contract
    • Passport or QID card copies of the school owner, administrator, and contributing individuals
    • Civil Defense Clearance Certificate ensuring that the building meets the safety and security requirements
    • Traffic Office Clearance
    • Municipality License
    • Commercial License
    • Bank Guarantee


  • License issuance fees for schools of one educational level: Q.R 5000.
  • License issuance fees for schools of more than one educational level: Q.R 8000.
  • License renewal fees: Q.R 3000.

Additional Information

  • The application for schools and kindergartens licensing is open during November and December of each academic year.
  • The license requesters are not allowed to apply any changes in the license granted to them unless they obtain approval from MOEHE.
  • The school is not allowed to receive any external funding from any entity unless they get written approval from MOEHE.
  • The Ministry of Public Health retains the right to undertake supervision of all health-related aspects at the private school.
  • The school owner and a nominated schools’ administrator for employment will be interviewed by the Private Schools Licensing Department.
  • The school will be operated after obtaining the license and finalizing the necessary preparations.
  • The schools will be granted the curriculum of MOEHE and it is not permissible to copy it or sell it in any form without obtaining written approval from the Ministry.
  • You can check the Licensing Handbook of the Conditions and Procedures for granting Private Schools Licenses.

Was this service helpful?