Commercial establishments may apply online to the Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MOCI) to issue a license for promotional offers/special offers/prize - drawing /and clear & win competition.
- Log in to the Ministry of Commerce and Industry's website.
- Select the "E- Services" from the list.
- Select "Promotion/Discount Licenses", then "Issue Promotion License", and click on "Accept".
- Select one type only from the offers' list, then click on "Next".
- Select the establishment for which a promotion license to be issued, then click on "Next".
- Select the branch/s for which a license to be issued, and click on "Next".
- Enter the offer's method, the promotion's starting and end dates, and click on "Next".
- Upload the required attachments, and click on "Next".
- Complete the procedures, pay fees, then print the license.
- The owner, any of the partners, or managers listed in the establishment's commercial register may submit the application. The commercial register has to be valid.
- If the department's employees have any comments, a message will be sent to the applicant. A field inspection shall be made by one of the department's inspectors to review the license requirements.
- Fees can be paid through the e-services, mobile application, or attendance at the Ministry and paying from POS points. Once the draft is approved, a copy of the license will be sent to the applicant's email, and the license may be also printed by the department's employees.
- Application for the license is not allowed in case if a request of the same kind was submitted to the ministry and has not been implemented or canceled.
- The applicant must comply with all the instructions included in Ministerial Resolution No. (19) of 2002, and remove all advertising features immediately after the end of the promotion or cancelling it.
- The applicant has to provide the ministry with a written proof of awarding the prizes, as well as a list of prizes that have not been delivered to the winners, the prizes that with no owners, and the remaining prizes from the promotional campaign, within 30 days of the promotion's end.
- When advertising the campaign, the license number and campaign period must be clearly stated in the ads accompanying the promotion.
In the case of prize - drawing, the applicant must:
- Not to carry out the drawing without the presence of the department's representative, and inform all winners of the prizes they won immediately. In case of electronic drawing, the applicant shall comply with the representative's decision on the number of trial drawings to be requested.
- Send a written notification to the department on the date of drawing and details of the prizes to be drawn upon, and not to start advertising the campaign unless the drawing box is complying with the ministry's terms and specifications.
- Deliver prizes that are drawn upon immediately, according to a written approval from the Quality License and Market Control Department.
- If the prize is a travel ticket or tourist trip (the prize value must be valued in cash) and the winner has the right to choose between them. The coupons that have been drawn upon must be kept until the delivery of all prizes is confirmed.
In case of "clear and win", the applicant must:
- Adhere to print "clear and win" cards according to the ministry's conditions, and without serial numbers or any distinguishing marks.
- Deliver the shown prizes to the winners immediately according to the ministry's form designed for awarding the prizes, and upon the approval of the department.
- Keep the "clear and win" cards or "strip and win" cards that have participated in the campaign and were not distributed, and check this matter with the department. The applicant has to use the ministry's "clear and win" coupon, which can be downloaded from its website.
In the case of special offers, the applicant must:
- Make sure that there is an additional saving for the consumer of at least 10% in the new offer than the last offer. When submitting free purchase vouchers, they have to be accepted during their validity period.
- If the prize is for travel tickets or tourist trips, the winner is allowed to abandon the prize for those who wish (this is also allowed in the case of "clear and win").
In case of promotional offers, the applicant must:
- Implement all instructions included in the laws and ministerial decisions related to consumer protection and this promotional offer.
- Make sure that the goods covered by the offer achieves benefit to the consumer no less than (10%) in view of the same goods at the sale outlet, and that the offer is available at the outlets participating in the offer during its validity period.
- Remove all goods at the end of the offer or if it is cancelled, display the goods covered by the offer, and to advertise them a clear and separate place.
- In case of starting with a new offer for the same item that is covered by a valid offer, the new offer must be more useful and valuable than the previous offer, otherwise the old offer will be subject to the terms of the new offer.