Skip Navigation Link

For whom are you looking for services?


  • Student Visitor
  • Tourist Visitor
  • Business Owner Visitor


  • Parent Citizen
  • Business Owner Citizen
  • Employee Citizen


  • Parent Resident
  • Employee Resident
Now explore services 10x faster. Is this easy to understand?

Is this easy to understand?

Close Button
Certificates, Publications, and Letters

Apply for Minimum Big Vessel Safe Manning Certificate

  • Fees- QR 500
  • Last Updated 21 Mar, 2022
  • Service Type : E-Service
  • Service Mode : Hybrid (Online and Offline)
  • Service Provider : Ministry of Transport
  • Service Classification : G2B
  • Topic : Business and Finance, Transportation, Visas and Official Documents
Intended Audience
Visitor: Business Owner
Citizen: Business Owner

Service Description

Companies may submit a request online on the website of the Ministry of Transport (MOT) to obtain the minimum safe manning certificate of the big vessels. It is a certificate issued for Qatari vessels based on their types, sizes, and area of navigation. A company has to provide a manning suggestion on the number of crew on board, including seamen, navigation officers and marine engineers. This is in order that the competent department will review the submitted manning suggestion to know whether it is appropriate or not.

Online Instructions

  • Select "Minimum Safe Manning Certificate" service from the "Big Vessels" list, available under Maritime Transport services on MOT website.
  • Click on the "Apply" button.
  • Enter your username and password if you have been previously registered in the National Authentication System (Tawtheeq).
  • Enter the required data, and attach the following documents:
    • Official letter from the company addressed to the department's director
    • Copy of the vessel registration certificate issued by the department
    • Any exemption certificate issued for the vessel by the department
  • Pay the appropriate fees and submit the request.

Offline Instructions

  • Download and fill out the paper form.
  • Submit the abovementioned documents to Planning and Maritime Transport Licenses Department.

Service Center

Planning and Maritime Transport Licenses Department at MOT.


QR 500

Was this service helpful?