Companies can submit a request online to transfer ownership for big ships on the website of the Ministry of Transport and Communications (MOTC).
- Select “Application of Ownership Transfer for Vessels” service from the list of “Big Vessels” under Maritime Transport services, and click on the “Apply” button.
- Enter your username and password if you were previously registered in the National Authentication System.
- Enter the required data, and attach the following documents:
- Letter from Buyer and Seller
- Original Certificate of Qatar Registry
- Copy of Commercial Registration (for companies) and QID (for individuals)
- Authenticated Bill of Sale
- Pay the appropriate fees and submit your request.
- Download and fill out the application form.
- Attach the application form and required documents mentioned above, and submit them to the Maritime Regulations Department at MOTC to complete the process.
Was this service helpful?