Companies may submit a request online to the Authentication Department at the Ministry of Justice (MoJ) to document a commercial license mortgage contract, which is an agreement between the mortgager and the mortgagee to mortgage a commercial license in return for a defined amount of money.
- Login to Sak portal using your username and password on Hukoomi.
- Select “Authentication Services”, then “Mortgage”, and then “Mortgage a Commercial License”.
- Select applicant (first party mortgager - second party mortgagee), then enter the expiry date of the personal identification document.
- Choose the capacity and enter its details, then click on “Add”.
- Select forms and enter transaction details (license number, commercial name, P.O. Box number, telephone number, expiry date, mortgage period from, mortgage period to, mortgage value, approval letter number), then click on “Add”.
- Write the terms of contract in the template text.
- Enter the total value of the mortgage.
- Enter the required documents.
- Pay appropriate fees.
- Submit the application request.
Attach the following documents:
- Personal identification (copy of QID/ passport) for natural person
- Copy of valid commercial registration, establishment ID and commercial license (for juridical person)
- Copy of valid power of attorney, in case the signature on the document is based on a power of attorney
- Determination of heirs and letter from the General Authority for Minor Affairs
- Proof of share ownership
- Visit any of the single window OSS branches affiliated to MoJ.
- Provide all the required documents.
A single window OSS branch affiliated to MoJ.
- If the transaction is “resubmission”, the system displays the “rejected” application details, then the user reviews and modifies the data before resending the application in no more than 30 days from the rejection date or, otherwise, it is canceled.
- If the application is not completed within 30 days, the transaction will be canceled.
- The details of the party are verified through QID number - expiry date.
- The applicant shall be a resident/citizen and registered in Hukoomi database.
- The first party in the transaction can be more than one person.
- The applicant may not be repeated with the same identity or details proving such identity.
- The company details may not be modified.
- The commercial registration shall be valid.
- A text may be added to the record subject.
- The system sends an SMS to the parties of the transaction clarifying that the transaction has been received and it is to be approved or rejected.
- The transaction may be completed as well by visiting any of the single window OSS branches affiliated to the ministry or through Sak mobile app.
- The application is submitted online, along with the approval of parties and the registrar, then the transaction - in terms of fee payment and printing of a documented contract – is completed at any of the MoJ branches or the ministry’s headquarters.
- Please keep the application details for reference.
Applicable fees are as follows:
- Three copies: QR100
- Each Party: QR50
- Any additional copy: QR50
Was this service helpful?