Skip Navigation Link

For whom are you looking for services?


  • Student Visitor
  • Tourist Visitor
  • Business Owner Visitor


  • Parent Citizen
  • Business Owner Citizen
  • Employee Citizen


  • Parent Resident
  • Employee Resident
Now explore services 10x faster. Is this easy to understand?

Is this easy to understand?

Close Button
Licenses, Permits & Contracts

Apply for a Government License of Big Printing House

  • Fees- QR200,000
  • Last Updated 12 Oct, 2022
  • Service Type : E-Service
  • Service Mode : Online
  • Service Provider : Ministry of Culture
  • Service Classification : G2C, G2B, G2G
  • Topic : Business and Finance, Culture, Arts and Media, Visas and Official Documents
Intended Audience
Citizen: Parent, Business Owner, Employee

Service Description

This service allows companies to submit a request to obtain a big printing house's license, via the E-Services portal of the Ministry of Culture (MOC), for the purpose of owning, investing, or managing a commercial printing house, in accordance with Law No. (8) of 1979 on Publications and Publishing.

License Duration: one year

Online Instructions

  • Click on "Publications and Artistic Works Services" under E-Services portal available on MOC website.
  • Click on "License Request to Operate Commercial Printer" from the list of services.  
  • Login by using your personal account on the National Authentication System (NAS, Tawtheeq). 
  • Attach the following documents:
    • A QID copy of license owner and partners
    • A QID copy of responsible manager
    • A certificate of trade name preservation (in case of new request)
    • A certificate of proof of authorization to sign, in case of entering as a delegate or authorized to sign (Optional)
    • A copy of the commercial registration (in case of renew or re-issue request)
    • A copy of the municipality's license (in case of renew or re-issue request)
    • A copy of the establishment card (in case of renew or re-issue request)
    • A copy of the lease contract (in case of renew or re-issue request)
    • The decision to establish the company (in case there are public utility companies)
    • Disclosure of the heads of the Board of Directors (in case there are public utility companies)
  • Submit the application.


  • License Issuance: QR200,000
  • License Renewal: QR50,000
  • Re-issue Request: QR200,000 
  • Edit License Data: QR100
  • License Transfer Ownership: QR100
  • License Cancel: No fees needed 

Additional Information

  • Among the terms for applying for this service are as follows: 
    • The application is available for individuals who must be Qataris.
    • Submission is available for companies or through an authorized signatory.
    • Submission is available for governmental entities or through an authorized signatory.
  • For more information and details, you can view the service user manual
  • This service is also available on the Ministry's mobile app.

Was this service helpful?