The Cabinet, chaired by HE Sheikh Khalid bin Khalifa bin Abdulaziz Al Thani, Prime Minister and Minister of Interior, decided the following in its regular meeting held at the Amiri Diwan yesterday, after reviewing the report of the Supreme Committee for Crisis Management regarding the plan to re-impose restrictions due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic:
- Continuing with the Cabinet decision, which requires that, depending on the need for work, no more than 80 percent of the total number of employees in the government sector working at their workplace, while the remaining number of employees work remotely from their homes or upon request, depending on the circumstances.
- Continuing the Cabinet decision, which requires that, depending on the need for work, no more than 80 percent of the total number of employees in the private sector working at their workplace, while the remaining number of them work remotely from their homes.
- For employees and workers in the government and private sectors to allow meetings to be held with the attendance of no more than 5 persons, and to adhere to procedures and precautionary measures.
- All citizens and residents to continue wearing masks when leaving the house for any reason, unless the person is alone while driving the vehicle.
- All citizens and residents continue to activate EHTERAZ application on smartphones when leaving the house for any reason.
- Continuing the opening of mosques for daily prayers and Friday prayers, while toilets and ablution facilities remain closed.
- Prevent social gatherings and visits in closed places like homes and Majlis and no more than 5 people in open places.
- Presence of family members residing in the same house only in winter camps.
- Not to hold weddings in closed and open spaces until further notice.
- Closure of playgrounds and exercise equipment in public parks, beaches and the Corniche, with gatherings being restricted to family members residing in the same house or two people maximum.
- Continuing with the decision of no more than four people allowed in a vehicle, including the driver of the vehicle, with the exception of families when leaving and moving in vehicles.
- Continuation of what was decided to reduce the number of people who are transported by buses to half the bus capacity, while taking precautions and precautionary measures.
- Continuing to operate metro services and public transport with a capacity not exceeding 30% and to reduce the capacity on these services to 20% on Fridays and Saturdays taking into account closure of places designated for smoking and not allowing food and drink to be consumed in other ways.
The above-mentioned decisions, in addition to other key ones, shall be effective as of Friday, 26 March 2021, until further notice.
Click on the news' source link to read the full story.