HE Sheikh Khalid bin Khalifa bin Abdulaziz Al Thani, Prime Minister and Minister of Interior, chaired the Cabinet's regular meeting held at the Amiri Diwan yesterday’s noon.
During the Cabinet's meeting, HE Sheikh Khalid bin Khalifa bin Abdulaziz Al Thani, Prime Minister and Minister of Interior has instructed implementing the below measures. This is in order to implement the directives of HH the Amir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani – may God protect him – on supporting and providing financial and economic incentives amounting to 75 billion Qatar Riyals for the private sector affected by the precautionary measures to tackle the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, and pursuant to the HH's directives to overcome difficulties facing the private sector. These measures are as below:
- Continuing to exempt food and medical goods from customs duties for additional three months provided that this should be reflected in the consumer sale price.
- Continuing to exempt the following sectors from the electricity and water fees for additional three months: The hospitality and tourism sector, the retail sector, the small and medium-sized industries' sector and commercial complexes, in return for providing services and exemptions for tenants and logistics zones.
- Continuing the rent exemptions for the logistics zones and the small and medium-sized industries for three months.
- Increasing the ceiling of National Guarantee Program via Qatar Development Bank (QDB) from 3 billion Qatar Riyal to 5 billion Qatari Riyal, in addition to extending the implementation of the program for additional three months. Thereby, QDB will issue controls and conditions necessary for it.
- Continuing the renewal of commercial licenses and registrations that are expired automatically for additional three months provided that due fees will be settled later.