In implementation of the directives of HH the Amir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, may God preserve him, to support and provide financial and economic incentives to the private sector and mitigate the economic consequences of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the Cabinet, chaired by HE Sheikh Khalid bin Khalifa bin Abdulaziz Al Thani, Prime Minister and Minister of Interior, during its regular meeting held yesterday, adopted additional support packages for sectors affected by the closures resulting from the precautionary measures to deal with the spread of COVID-19. They are as follows:
- Exemption from electricity and water fees for the closed sectors until the end of September 2021.
- Extension of the National Guarantees Program at Qatar Development Bank until the end of September 2021.
- Extension of the period of exemption from interest for an additional year for the National Guarantees Program, to become two years without interest, in addition to two years of payment with interest that does not exceed the Qatar Central Bank (QCB) rate + 2%.
- Raising the limits of funding salaries and wages for closed sectors to QR15 million for a single identity card, while retaining the rest of the relevant terms and conditions.
- Continued support by QCB for the liquidity of local banks and as needed.