WSIS Prize Details
As part of Qatar’s participation in the World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) Prizes 2022 of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology (MCIT) invites interested parties to submit and participate in the tenth edition of WSIS, which aims to evaluate the global projects and activities that benefit from ICT developments in achieving sustainable development. This comes within the State of Qatar's great interest in participating in international forums and its belief in the importance of joint action to share international expertise.
The WSIS Prizes 2022, which begin on September 1, 2021 and conclude on January 31, 2022, is an exceptional international recognition of stakeholders with distinguishing projects as winners for the implementation of WSIS outcomes on the support and achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).Submission Phase
The projects are submitted by filling in an online form
, comprising 18 categories. Each institution or company can submit a project for each category. The projects submitted to the conference should be completed or near completion, in order to provide evidence of the results and impact on society, and should be in English only.Nomination Criteria
The criteria for nomination and selection are based on the idea that all the answers to the questions raised must provide detailed information on the objectives, time frame, added value, importance, results and challenges. In addition, the description of the project should include the following (results achieved and impact, community empowerment, relevance to communication and web portals, sustainability of the project, promotion of WSIS values in society).Voting
Voting will start from March 1 to 31, 2022. Afterwards, the ITU will hold its annual WSIS Forum on May 30, 2022, where stakeholders will gather to discuss and learn about global experiences through which the winners will be announced at the WSIS Prizes 2022.Action Lines
- Role of governments and all stakeholders in the promotion of ICTs for development.
- Information and communication infrastructure: an essential foundation for the Information Society.
- Access to information and knowledge.
- Capacity building.
- Building confidence and security in the use of ICTs.
- Enabling environment
- ICT applications: benefits in all aspects of life: (E-Government - E-Business - E-Learning - E-Health - E-Employment - E-Environment - E-Agriculture - E-Science).
- Cultural diversity and identity, linguistic diversity and local content.
- Ethical dimensions of the Information Society
For more information, please visit the WSIS website
For any submission-related inquiries, please send an email to: email@example.com